New Delhi- Militant Kasab Azmal was captured alive by the bravery of Martyr Hemant Karkare in the Mumbai terror attack. Martyr ATS chief Hemant Karkare showed his bravery in 26/11.
All should know about Hemant Karkare.
- Shaheed Hemant Karkare was born on December 12, 1954 in the Kannada Brahmin family.
- Hemant Karkare completed the studies of mechanical engineer from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur in 1975. He also had a job in the Hindustan Unilever Company.
- Hemant Karkare became IPS officer in 1982. In 2008, he was made Chief of Maharashtra’s Anti-Terror Squad i.e. ATS He was earlier the Commissioner of the Mumbai Police (Administration) too.
- During the deployment of the Narcotics Department, he first shot the foreign drugs mafia near Girgaon Chowpatty. He got fame from here.
- Hemant had also worked with India’s intelligence agency RAW. He was posted as a Raw Officer in Austria for 7 years.
- On September 8, 2006, the serial blast in Malegaon, Maharashtra was handed over to Hemant Karkare. There were many questions about his charge sheet.
- There was a terrorist attack in Mumbai on November 26, 2008. Hemant Karkare was at his house at that time. After the attack, he immediately reached the spot with his squad. Only then they were informed that the terrorists behind the Corporation’s ATM are hiding behind a red car. When he immediately reached there, he started firing to the terrorists.
- The Hemant Karkare and the team accompanying him along with the firing responded. A bullet shot from his side directly hit the terrorist Ajmal Kasab on the shoulder. It fell down His AK-47 also fell. He was later caught.
- In this firing, Hemant Karkare was martyred by the shooting of terrorists. Apart from them, Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan of Army, Additional Commissioner of Police of Mumbai Ashok Kamte and Senior Police Inspector Vijay Salaskar were also martyred in this attack.
- Shaheed Hemant Karkare was honored posthumously by Ashok Chakra on behalf of the Government of India on November 26, 2009.